Inspects, labels, and packages finished goods products, for stores in the warehouse and for direct shipment to customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up the work station for each new production lot – ensure that the correct product and packaging materials (e.g. boxes, labels) have been issued
- Visually inspect product per appropriate current work instruction e.g. 820.080-WI.A006a
- Apply unit labels and box labels, package product, and fill out and sign/initial quality system documentation forms, per appropriate current work instructions e.g. 820.120-WI.A002 (Medical Adhesive) and 820.120-WI.A005 (all other products)
- Perform line clearance per appropriate current work instruction, before and after each production lot
- Shrink-wrap or over-wrap products, per appropriate current work instruction
- Look for and document potential safety issues, on Near Miss suggestion forms, to be submitted to the Safety Committee
- Look for and recommend process improvements, to continually increase the levels of quality, efficiency, and safety at CP Medical
- Immediately communicate problems and issues to either the Packaging Team Lead, or the Production Supervisor, as appropriate. This includes asking questions, where needed to understand the work content requirements.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area, participating in daily/weekly cleaning and housekeeping duties as required
- Participate in team or individual projects as needed
- Train new employees, and cross-train current employees, as needed
LOCATION: CP Medical
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent preferred
- One year or more related experience and/or training (preferred)
- Communications, interpersonal, and team skills
- Reasoning, decision making, problem solving skills
- Checking skills (ability to ensure there is a match between the items and the records) and attention to detail
- Math skills – ability to add and subtract whole numbers
- Language – speak and understand conversational English , and written English e.g. assembly sheets/work orders
- Excellent work ethic, dependable, responsible
- Level of initiative – minimum “ask what to do”
- Learning – ability to learn and follow directions
- Proven dependability and adherence to company attendance standards
- Ability to work overtime as work load dictates.
- The job is typically performed under comfortable working conditions in a warehouse environment where light manufacturing is performed; any disagreeable elements are generally absent during normal performance of job.
- Noise level is low to moderate and temperatures are generally comfortable.
- Physical demands of this position require this person to have the ability to sit for extended periods, and constantly use hands and fingers performing repetitive tasks.
- Occasionally stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms, stoop and kneel and crouch, lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Specific vision requirements are close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to concentrate, with mental and visual attention, while performing tasks to accurate standards, for sustained periods of time.
- May work with equipment or machinery with moving parts.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above position description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; the position description is not a comprehensive or exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities of skills required for the position. Management has the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to or from this position at any time.
To perform this position successfully, the employee must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential position duty and responsibility. All position requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION HERE
Fill out form below and upload your resume, to be considered for this position.