Responsible for the daily management and leadership of the Customer Service department to ensure standards of service are met or exceeded and fulfilled in accordance with CP Medical policies and operating procedures. Participate in the design and development of systems and/or process enhancements to meet the needs of internal and external customers. Oversee on-going training and development of customer service representatives and hold team members accountable to their established responsibilities. Represent Customer Service Department at periodic manufacturing meetings and at management meetings. Participate in production planning, new business planning and new customer onboarding. Support communications interface among operations, sales group, customers and distributors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and oversee the Customer Service department to ensure orders are properly entered and verified and all functions and responsibilities completed as scheduled. Ensure clear communications and interface with manufacturing and warehousing for production planning.
- Assist with recruitment, hiring, performance reviews, development and coaching plans or any other employee relations activity associated with the customer service department.
- Develop and implement a training program for new associates and personal development plans for customer service specialists including a cross-training plan and product training.
- Oversee all Inside Sales activity including product & technical support to customers, quoting, cold calling, up selling and managing new & existing account opportunities to support sales objectives.
- Oversees E-commerce & inside sales activity for the assigned channels and customers.
- Assign and direct all day-to-day activity including problem solving, issue resolution, managing workloads and schedules to ensure all required tasks are completed in an accurate and timely manner for both internal and external customers.
- Oversee all activity associated with maintaining accurate data in all system fields and applications including price files, customer cross reference files, CRM data, ECN’s credit memos, time/attendance, customer web portals and any other systems utilized by customer service.
- Work with Customer Service Specialists and cross-functional departments to resolve customer issues including order status updates, expedites, customer returns, cancelations, product solutions and technical customer questions.
- Establish and ensure priorities and objectives are communicated and completed.
- Perform order entry and verification when required due to staffing resources or demand.
- Serve as primary customer service liaison for selected customers as identified by the President, Director of Veterinary Sales and Director of Medical Sales.
- Define required and developmental training for Customer Service department.
- Ensure all Customer Service Representatives are trained and knowledgeable on product offerings and ordering process. Provide ongoing feedback to employees.
- Maintains and improves customer service operations by developing and documenting our customer service process, policies and procedures to ensure high levels of customer service can consistently be delivered. Uses process improvement to enhance and improve customer service, leading change when appropriate.
- Manages and coordinates customer onboarding process, including label design, customer approvals (labeling, graphics, etc.), communication with customer for production ramp up, and other required onboarding processes.
- Participates in the investigation and resolution of customer complaints. May be involved with customer communications related to complaints.
- Accomplishes customer service objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Works to improve customer perceptions, awareness and satisfaction using customer satisfaction survey results as benchmarks. Collects information and provides input to the survey process.
- Prepares regular customer service reports by collecting information, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Contributes to achieving CPM financial objectives by managing to the departmental budget, analyzing variances, and initiating cost savings measures wherever possible.
- Maintains professional and contemporary technical knowledge of our products and sales, manufacturing, and shipping processes; attending educational workshops, and reading professional publications. May attend trade shows or travel to meet customers on occasion.
- Participate in Risk Management activities such as; reviewing and approving risk documents when appropriate; participating in risk management review meetings; Providing or ensuring that information necessary for risk management activities is provided/obtained; reviewing and mitigating new risks based on the data reviewed.
LOCATION: CP Medical
DEPARTMENT: Customer Service
REPORTS TO: Director of Veterinary Sales
SUPERVISES: Customer Service Supervisor; Customer Service Representatives; Administrative Assistant; Graphics Designer; Label Position.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or seven (7) years of equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of customer service required.
- Minimum of three (3) years as supervisor or manager required.
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry or medical device business preferred.
- Strong leadership skills.
- In-depth knowledge of customer service procedures, practices, and concepts associated with Customer Service and Inside Sales.
- Proficiency with various software applications such as various ERP programs (Sage, SAP, Oracle), EDI, Customer Web Portals, CRM and Microsoft Office products (excel & PowerPoint).
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, and the ability to think strategically and make decisions.
- Strong organizational & time management skills to work in a fast paced, fluid environment handling and prioritizing multiple tasks & projects simultaneously.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to seek out answers to various types of problems.
- Enthusiastic team player who upholds organizational values & works in a safe manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Outstanding accuracy, attention to detail, and strong trouble shooting skills.
- Composure in all situations; irreproachable telephone etiquette.
The job is typically performed under comfortable working conditions primarily in an office environment and sometime in the production areas where disagreeable elements are generally absent during normal performance of job.
This position has access to or may be exposed to confidential and propriety Company information. Therefore, a high level of confidentially must be maintained at all times with all Company information.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above position description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; the position description is not a comprehensive or exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities of skills required for the position. Management has the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to or from this position at any time.
To perform this position successfully, the employee must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential position duty and responsibility. All position requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION HERE
Fill out form below and upload your resume, to be considered for this position.