The Suture Attaching Technician role includes the function of swaging needles to surgical sutures as well as train and assist in other areas as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand and perform line clearance procedures per current work instruction, and ensure that the materials for the work order match the specification, and that the lot/part numbers are correct.
- Set up the attaching work-station for each new production lot in accordance to current work instructions.
- Attach suture material to surgical needles using swaging machine.
- Verify quality of each assembly using “pull test”.
- Performance is expected to meet minimum hourly production rate – piece rate will be paid for units produced in excess of 8-hour standard per day.
- Look for and document potential safety issues, on Near Miss suggestion forms, to be submitted to the Safety Committee.
- Look for and recommend process improvements, to continually increase the levels of quality, efficiency, and safety at CP Medical.
- Immediately communicate problems and issues to either the Area Team Lead, or Production Supervisor, as appropriate. This includes asking questions, where needed to understand the work content requirements.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area, participating in daily/weekly cleaning and housekeeping duties as required.
- Immediately communicate problems and issues to Production Team Leads, or Production Supervisor, as appropriate. This includes asking questions, where needed to understand the work content requirements.
- Participate in team or individual projects as needed.
- Train new employees, and cross-train current employees, as needed.
WATCH A QUICK VIDEO ABOUT THIS JOB HERE.
LOCATION: CP Medical
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent preferred
- One year or more of assembly or related experience and/or training
- Knowledge of the production work flow and CP Medical products must be quickly acquired.
- Communications, interpersonal, and team skills
- Reasoning, decision making, problem solving skills
- Checking skills (ability to ensure there is a match between the items and the records) and attention to detail
- Math skills – ability to add and subtract whole numbers
- Language – speak and understand conversational English, and written English e.g. assembly sheets/work orders
- Excellent work ethic, dependable, responsible
- Level of initiative – minimum “ask what to do”
- Learning – ability to learn and follow directions
- Proven dependability and adherence to company attendance standards
- Ability to work overtime as work load dictates.
- The job is typically performed under comfortable working conditions in a clean room environment where light manufacturing is performed; any disagreeable elements are generally absent during normal performance of job.
- Noise level is low to moderate, Humidity is generally low (dry), and temperatures are generally comfortable.
- Physical demands of this position require this person to have the ability to sit for extended periods, and constantly use hands and fingers performing repetitive tasks.
- Occasionally stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms, stoop and kneel and crouch, lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Specific vision requirements are close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to concentrate, with mental and visual attention, while performing tasks to accurate standards, for sustained periods of time.
- May work with equipment or machinery with moving parts.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above position description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; the position description is not a comprehensive or exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities of skills required for the position. Management has the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to or from this position at any time.
To perform this position successfully, the employee must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential position duty and responsibility. All position requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION HERE
Fill out form below and upload your resume, to be considered for this position.